3.29.2004

I'm having a hard time writing op/ed pieces lately. Not that I ever had an easy time with it in the first place. In retrospect, my pieces remind me of something you'd hear a drunk activist ranting about at some party. Preaching to the converted it's called... oh well... I also use too many parentheticals and elipses, but it's just a reflection of my speaking style.

I don't know, I just think I've been off the horse for too long. usually I write about something that I think isn't getting enough coverage, or something that just infuriates me so much I have to just sit here and stream subconscious rhetoric for an hour or so into this blog.

But lately... everybody's already saying what I would. And nothing is setting me off like it used to. I didn't get into this to be another talking head just repeating what I saw on CSPAN yesterday. And this Dickie Clarke thing has just blown me out of the water entirely. Anything else I write about would seem pointless next to it... But yet, so many have said so much about it already that I don't want to feel like I'm just throwing another point of view on top of the growing pile. All you need to do is look at some other great sites for much better political commentary. Such as Common Dreams, which culls it's material from a huge array of sources all over.

Perhaps tomorrow I will build up enough of a sufficient rage to spew on about global warming and all that junk. It's really the only issue I care about anymore that is still 100% ignored by the media. So tune in tomorrow (and thursday at 8) to hear me bitch about the pentagon's contingency plans, oil company conspiracies, SUVs, and the myopic visions of our global leaders who shall herd us all into certain doom unless the do a 180 on their environmental policies.

Right now I got a PBR can calling my name.

-slacker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home